Chloe will be turning 7 next month. Since she was in Reception, two years ago, they have been encouraged to use the computer and the mouse. I would occassionally let her use my nearly 10yr old Toshiba but I would often lose patience with it haha!
At work, we have an internal market place, sort of like a virtual garage sale. I have been on the lookout for a nice deal since the site launched. Patience is indeed a virtue, and one early Monday morning, a guy from the ICT drop in centre posted his old laptop for sale. It had a nice spec too: Lenovo, 64bit, 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD, i5, preloaded with Windows 10. I emailed him and had it reserved for pickup on a Friday. It cost me just £80!!! Or less than Php6000! Beat that!
When Chloe was still a baby, Zayd and I created an email account for her. We have been sending her email since. Not as regular as i wanted, but it's there.
I have always imagined how touching the day would be when Chloe would read my messages for her. It was a lot more intense than i expected. As she read it, i was somehow transported to the time i wrote the email.
She was teary-eyed as well. I never expected that to happen.